Are you looking for some extra motivation in your day? Podcasts are a great way to gain inspiration and knowledge.
Podcasts have been around for awhile now and they are literally an unlimited bank of inspiration. Plus the really good ones, drop their best nuggets of truth and love into them. It is a great way to stay on top of the latest trends, hear candid interviews from your favorite business owners and even laugh your ass off. When you work from home, it can be hard to tap into what’s going on out there in the real world. Podcasts are an incredible way to learn on the go, in the shower (personal fav) or just when you need some down time.
As a business owner, I find myself always looking for new sources of creativity. Podcasts offer a stream of new ideas and are responsible for sparking some incredible new thoughts. Those thoughts lead to action and action, well it leads to growth. They offer a different type of media, and much like listening to an audio book, dive you into an unexplored world. I love binge listening to a good podcast while driving on road trips and I listen almost daily during my shower. Which translates into some pretty epic shower thoughts. Yes, I have literally jumped out of the shower just to write something down. If you are new to tapping into the positive thinking power of great podcast, I recommend starting slow and building up your go-to’s over time. Luckily, we prepped you with a great list to get started. Yes it really is your lucky day!
Here is our round up of the top 15 podcasts for online entrprenuers and badass business bosses.
In no particular order….
- Girl Boss Radio by Sophia Amoruso. This is the very first podcast I ever feel in love with and I have been crushing hard ever since. It is packed full of incredible guests who are making waves in their industry. I love Nasty Gal founder, Sophia Amoruso’s laid back style and blunt point of view. She believes that business is no longer defined by an old man in a suit. She is literally redefining their version of success and supporting women worldwide. Girlboss.com also has an epic blog that I highly recommend.
- Profit. Power. Pursuit. with Tara Gentile. Badassery co-founder, Kathy Rasmussen, is a huge fan of Tara! Her no nonsense approach to tactical business skills will you give a creative edge in your business. Her podcasts are easy to digest, but packed with real items that lead to inspired action. If you own a creative business and you are ready to tap into the next level, this is the podcast of your dreams.
- Raise Your Hand and Say Yes with Tiffany Han. I first met Tiffany and her gold covered dinosaur at ALT Summit in Salt Lake City, UT. Her vibrant personality and funny punches lit up the room and I was immediately hooked. I also love her take on business- collect as many rejection letters as you possibly can. Her podcast is fun, informative and has an amazing realness about it.
- Startup School with Seth Godin. This man truly is a thought leader in the digital era. People rave about his unique approach to life and business. From iTunes- “In this rare live recording, hear Seth as he guides thirty entrepreneurs through a workshop exploring how they can build and run their dream business”.
- Being Boss by Emily Thompson & Kathleen Shannon. The Being Boss podcast is another personal favorite and I rarely skip an episode. There is something extremely relate-able when is comes to this dynamic duo. Their high quality content, touch of woo and incredible guests make this podcast a must listen for anyone in the creative world.
- Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield. Every single time I listen to her podcast, I end up with an entire notebook filled with action items. Listening to this podcast is like getting a mini e-course delivered straight to your earbuds. No fluff and all action packed. Amy’s top rated podcast has been featured in some high level places for a very good reason, she always delivers.
- Style Your Mind with Cara Alwill Leyba. Cara is seriously a pink haired powerhouse of girl power. She believes that every women deserves the life of their dreams. Cara is a best selling author, life coach and is truly living the champagne lifestyle. She believes that you should be a women first and a boss second. If are at a place in your life where you are ready for a big spark, a big change, Cara will give you the boost of confidence to slay anything that comes your way. I’m also a huge fan of her Facebook Group, Slay Baby Bosses.
- GaryVee by Gary Vaynerchuk. Yes my main source of powerhouse inspiration just had to make the list. GaryVee is one of those people who the first time you hear him throw it down, you are hooked for life. He never bullshits and I am love with unedited advice. If are an excuse maker or just ready to be pumped up, this podcast is for you. Well, this podcast is for everyone and you will be hooked. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- Badass Creatvies by Mallory Whitfield. THIS. You need Mallory in your life and you need more creativity injected everywhere. Mallory is nothing short of fun, inspirational and a badass go-getter. She never ceases to amaze me and her podcast is just one more layer of Mallory awesome-ness.
- Smart Passive Income with Pat Flynn. Pat is the go-to man if you are ready to create more passive income in your life. Really, who doesn’t? Every week he delivers strategies and interviews that will help you build a passive online business.
- Design and Style Podcast with Dixie Willard and Rachel Moriarty. Are you a designer? Or maybe you are just an online business owner who is ready for a high dose of online and in-person visibility. Then all roads must lead back to Dixie and Rachel. These two sometimes leave me in stitches and sometimes they leave me ready to redecorate my whole life. Their highly engaged designer community is full of thriving and personality filled members and we just can’t get enough!
- The Femtrepreneur by Mariah Coz and Megan Minns. Another dynamic duo on our podcast list. Mariah and Megan will help you build your online business with courses. “The Femtrepreneur Show is for people like you who want to create, launch, and sell online courses! We get into the nitty-gritty details of running a successful online course business”.
- Persuasion Nation with Mary Fernandez. Mary is dedicated to creating and assisting the solo entrepreneur into a successful and profitable business. PACKED full of business advice from Mary and her incredible guests.
- Your Handmade Business by the Academy of Handmade with host Isaac Watson. If you are a maker then swing on over to these short bite sized podcasts. Easy to consume and easy to implement ideas.
- Badassery Podcast by us of course, Samantha Parker and Kathy Rasmussen. I know I’m a little biased, but I basically saved the best for last. You’re a hard-working boss who likes to let loose and dance to the beat of her own drum. We are too, and we don’t play by anyone’s rules. Real talk. Real people. A good bit of irreverence. Listen in for hilarious talk with an edge on business, life and everything in between. We highly recommend the ear muffs for small children or anyone who is just overly sensitive. You know the type!
What are your favorite podcasts? Let us know below!
Want a little more Badassery in your life? Click learn more to have every new issue and of course PODCAST delivered straight to your beautiful inbox.
About the Author
I’m SAMANTHA PARKER, the cofounder of Badassery Magazine.
Now I’m teaching others how to build their own online empires. Yes, empires. I believe that building and nurturing a sense community with your business is the key to massive success.